Want to take a tour of the Steelworks?
Public tours of the Port Kembla Steelworks are available most Friday mornings, commencing at the Australia's Industry World (AIW) Visitor Centre at 9:30am and returning around 12:00 midday.
Bookings are essential by email or phone (02) 4275 7023.
- Adults $20 Concession $16 Family (2 Adults and 2 Children) $60. All prices include GST (Credit Card/EFTPOS facilities are not available at the Visitor Centre).
- Group (>12) tours are available daily by arrangement
- Special rates apply to all general tour and education groups
To ensure your safety the following conditions apply:
- Minimum age 10 years
- All visitors must wear suitable clothing - long trousers or slacks and flat heeled fully enclosed shoes
- Photography is not permitted whilst inside the Steelworks
- Due to staircase access, the tour may not be suitable for people with mobility problems.
- Smoking and the carrying of cigarette lighters is not permitted
- Visitors with a heart pacemaker device may be restricted from certain areas
How to find Australia's Industry World Visitor Centre
You can find the Australia's Industry World (AIW) Visitor Centre at the BlueScope Steel Northgate Entrance, Springhill Road, Coniston. The entrance displays a large Australian flag and BlueScope Steel flag.
Search for "Australia's Industry World" on your GPS, or use the following coordinates; 34° 26' 39" S, 150° 52' 50" E.